Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Favorites: Cities


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of our favorite things.

We all talk a lot about books on our blogs, but what about other things we like? Friday Favorites is a meme hosted by Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy that gives book bloggers a chance to gush about something other than novels.


This Weeks Topic Is:

Favorite Cities You've Visited


Rome, Italy
When I was 16 I got to go with my (at the time) boyfriend and his school to Italy. It was a once in a life time experience and simply amazing. Everything about that city is rich in culture- the history, the art, the food. I would love to go back, and hopefully one day I will!

Orlando, Florida
I've been to Orlando five times (since I'm from Alabama it's not that long of a drive- 12 hours). Once when I was five, again when I was eight, twice when I was 18, and then I went again when they opened up the Harry Potter world. Honestly, Orlando itself isn't that fantastic, the city is kind of lame actually. But because it has Disney World and Universal Studios, it becomes EPIC. If you've never been to either, I strongly suggest you find your inner kid (and money in your wallet,  a credit car you will be willing to file bankruptcy for, etc) and GO. 


Panama City Beach, Florida
It's a big deal in my town to go down to PCB for Spring Break, we all do it. It's kind of crazy, but the ocean is fabulous and Shuckum's has the BEST seafood you will ever eat (along with $1 bills stapled to the walls- seriously, there's probably about a $1,000 in the place).



So those are my top picks, what are some of yours?!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Italy! I want to go there. Top on my want list of international places to travel to is Dublin, Ireland tho.

    I was an exchange student to Japan when I was in highschool. Sapporo, Japan in Hokkaido it probably the most interesting city I've ever visited. They do an annual Ice Festival each winter and the sculptures are incredible. Plus you've never seen a city so clean, I guarantee it. AND they have alcohol in their vending machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. London! I loved it there and would go back in a heart beat. Also Switzerland, Halifax Nova Scotia and St Maarten!
    I am dying to go to Greece and Scotland though.

    ReplyDelete