Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Favorites




Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

We all talk a lot about books on our blogs, but what about other things we like? Friday Favorites is a meme hosted by Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy that gives book bloggers a chance to gush about something other than novels.

To join in, grab the button code, write a post about your favorites for the category of the week, and post your link below. Thanks for participating!

This Friday's Topic is:
TV Shows



Doctor Who

^He's lovely right? I know, I know. I want his babies too. Doctor Who is one of the greatest TV shows out there and if you haven't seen it, you are MISSING OUT. I'm sad to say that I attempted to watch Doctor Who two years before I actually fell in love with it. I watched the pilot episode and I didn't see what the big fuss was about. Then I had a friend talk me into giving it another try. Well, I did, and I was hooked. Now all I talk about on my FB is Time Lords, the Tardis, and David Tennant. In fact, I'm so addicted my boyfriend bought me nothing but Doctor Who merch for Christmas (as in The Limited Edition Gift Set of ALL 6 Seasons and Doctor Who Monopoly- yeah, totally throwing that out there to make you jelly).


The Walking Dead

Unless you've been living under a bridge (or going through a zombie apocalypse), then you've probably at least heard of The Walking Dead. This show is simply amazing. There's never a dull moment- I mean, hello, ZOMBIES- and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. If I had to use one word to describe it would be: EPIC.
p.s. Dibs on Glenn.

The Big Bang Theory

What's not to love about this show? Seriously. When I've come home from a long day at work and I just want some good comedy, BBT is perfect. 

The New Girl

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. Remember when (back in the day) Friends use to come on every Thursday night and you'd laugh until you about peed yourself? Well, there's finally a show on TV that is filling that Friends gap you've been missing for the last 10 years. 

True Blood

Uh... what? What was I saying again? Oh yeah, right. TV shows. ERIC NORTHMAN Ahem, I mean, True Blood. I've been watching TB since the beginning and I am in LOVE with it. Okay, really I'm in love with Viking god Eric Northman, but it's practically the same thing. TB keeps a fresh spin on the vampire fandom by putting them in "real" life (at least if you live in Charlaine Harris's world). And why the books can sometimes be a hit and miss, the show never disappoints. 


A few other really good shows that you should keep an eye out for: Vampire Diaries, Bones, Duck Dynasty (which I didn't talk about but totally should have), and How I Met Your Mother. 

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Yay Doctor Who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I really like New Girl! And of course Walking Dead kicks a$$!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I just started watching DD, it's pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I love DD! I love Jace and Si! They remind me of Zack and his daddy! LOL They act just like them!

      Delete
    2. You have a DD family?! Cooool! Lol. I'm recording a bunch of DD's so I can watch them tomorrow :-P

      Delete
  4. Sure, you can have Glenn. As long as Daryl is mine :D

    ReplyDelete