Thursday, December 13, 2012

Emotions in books: which books make you cry?

Today I want to talk about emotions in books. I often hear from people that they cried during reading a book. I do get emotional when reading a book, but I usually don't cry. There are only a few things that can make me cry in a book and this usually involves: the death of someone or the death of the love interest.
So far as I can remember these are the only two books which made me cry:

cover of damaged by cathly glasscover of Shadow kiss by richelle mead

Damaged by Cathy Glass is a book I got when I was on vacation in the UK and one of my first english books I read. If you read the blurb, you can probably understand why this is a book that makes someone cry.
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead, has an emotional ending. And everyone who read this book, will probably know why I cried at this book. I am not going to give more details because I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't read it.

I also came close to crying by a few books that involved death scenes, it's not like every death scene makes me cry, it is more about how authors write such a scene and the emotions are invoked and some authors do a much better job at this than others. I do like it when authors can invoke emotions, but for some reason I hate crying about books.

So enough about me now, which books made you cry or get very emotional about?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I get teary sometimes but it's pretty rare for me to full out cry during a book. The only one I remember crying over this year was Neophyte by our lovely coblogger Emmalee. I had to stop reading and walk away from the book for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry over books... and movies... and TV... and songs...

    Oh, shut up! I am not a baby.

    The occasions that instantly popped into my head while reading this post:

    Dobby's scene in the Deathly Hallows, Rue's scene in Hunger Games, and Georgia's scene in Feed.

    ReplyDelete