Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best Book Boyfriends of 2012


Top 10 of 2012 is a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of “all things books” of 2012 and what books we’re looking forward to in 2013, co-hosted by: Rachel from FiktshunLisa from A Life Bound By BooksJessica from Confessions of a BookaholicJaime from Two Chicks on BooksMindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.

Because GReeps Through the Shelves is a group blog with 10 different bloggers, we've decided to challenge ourselves to pick only one book each! Today we'll each share our favorite book boyfriend of 2012.

Ashley's Pick:

Ian Holt
Shadow Bound (Unbound #2)
By Rachel Vincent

Okay, so I really wanted to pick Curran, BUT without an ACTUAL Kate Daniels book being released in 2012, it didn't feel right (yes, Kate, Gunmetal Magic was technically a Kate book, and Curran even makes an appearance, but still).  That's okay, 'cause Ian is a more than adequate second.  The Unbound series is one of my favorite running sagas, and Shadow Bound was even better than Blood Bound.  Ian has it all over Cameron.  I wouldn't kick him out of bed on a cold winter night... come to think of it, I wouldn't kick him out of bed... ever... period... errr exclamation point ;)

Find this on Goodreads



Renée's Pick:

Blue Moon (Holloway Pack, #2)
Sean Holloway
Blue Moon (Holloway Pack #2)
by JA Belfield

Dude, this one is hard! My first and only book-love is Valek (Poison Study). But he's been my one true fictional love since  2010, so I couldn't pick him...
So after careful consideration I picked  Sean. Sean is drop death gorgeous,  has a heart of gold and the love he feels for his mate comes closest to the love I feel for my RL boyfriend. And (and this is maybe the most important reason for picking Sean) if his brother (Ethan) wants to join in, I wouldn't kick him out of bed either!

Find this on Goodreads


Kate's Pick:

Tybalt, King of Cats
Ashes of Honor (October Daye #6)
by Seanan McGuire

Yeah, I don't think Gunmetal Magic qualifies for Curran either. That's okay, though, because Tybalt is pretty epic himself. He's powerful and funny, and he enjoys yanking Toby's chain. But when push comes to shove, he's always there for her, no matter what. I think I'm supposed to say something about not kicking him out of bed here...but seriously, why would you even suggest that? ;)

Find this on Goodreads


Sonnie's Pick:

Tod Hudson
Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6)
by Rachel Vincent

I too must pick from Rachel Vincent's stack of fictional men. But, Tod Hudson has to be one of the hottest dead guys around. Seriously. I'm pretty much on stalker level with him. And while I love Nash (I do!), he just has nothing on his older reaper brother. And if he didn't win you over in the earlier novels... well, he certainly will once you read his novella "Reaper". What are you waiting for? Go read it!

Find this on Goodreads


Emmalee's Pick:

Four
Insurgent (Divergent #2)
by Veronica Roth

I loved Four since you first met him in Divergent. He is masculine, strong, determined and a born leader. I love how he is soft when he needs to be, but not overly gentle to make him lose the masculinity that I love so much about him.  He is definitely my type of guy, the one you can always depend on.

Find this on Goodreads





Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Britt's Pick:
Noah
Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry

I have not read many books released this year apparently. However Noah is definitely easy to love. A tough guy with scars so deep. Learning about why he is how he is kills you. Watching him open up to Echo and learn to let someone in. He is the kind of guy you would want for yourself, sexy and caring. Once he decides you matter to him, he will be there for you in every way.

Find this on Goodreads


Lolita's Pick:

Clay
Hidden (Otherworld #10.5)
by Kelley Armstrong

For me choosing a book boyfriend is really difficult, because a bookboyfriens seems to suggest I would want that person as my boyfriend and I don't. So just ended up choosing a male character that I like and I actually think he is perfect for Elena. I like how Clay and Elena love each other, but if you see them walking the street it wouldn't be obvious. I also love how much they are willing to do and risk for each other. Elena and Clay are one of my favourite couples in a book, they are awesome together.

Find this on Goodreads



Jen's Pick:
 
Hunter
by Emmalee Aple

This was the hardest 'best of' for me. I don't really do the whole book boyfriend thing...sure I love characters but they remain just that, characters. I don't usually visualize them or put a face to the description. Anyway I decided to choose Hunter from Neophyte because he made me cry...I can't say more without being a spoil sport.

Find this on Goodreads



Emma's Pick:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Jace
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)
By Cassandra Clare

When I was going through the books I have read this year, I realized the men I read about this year weren't that amazing. 2011.. amazing boy year. 2012? Not so much. But whatever, I read some amazing books but no special boys. I did reread City of Bones this year and Jace is the only guy who really stuck by me this year. He is a little asshole but a cute one, honest and he does everything for the people he loves. And he is just hot.




Krista's Pick:



Aiden St. Delphi
Deity (Covenant #3), Elixir (Covenant #3.5)
By: Jennifer Armentrout


There were so many good choices for this particular 'Best of...' But, in the end, Aiden beat them all. He's everything you'd expect from a good book boyfriend - he's strong, noble, romantic, and literally kicks ass. The only thing he's afraid of is losing those he loves, and he's willing to do anything in his power to prevent that. The novella, Elixir, told from Aiden's POV, was one of the most emotional books I read this year, and it was only 50-odd pages. Ladies, this is a boy that you really will wish was real.

Find this on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Four & Jace were really awesome. I absolutely can't wait to read the rest of both of those series. I still have to start Jennifer Armentrout's Covenant series. I've heard great things about it!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOD! Love that reaper! He made my list. I also like Jace, Four, and Noah. I still need to read the Covenant series and Insurgent!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have to admit I haven't read any of Cassandra Clares books yet. I do like TOD, Four and Noah!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Four and Jace!! and I see Tod on everyone's list so I know I need to start on Soul Screamers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul Screamers is an awesome series, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete